Donate to support a Fuego victim mission
We are raising funds to help the injured and burned. When making your donation, please note that the funds are designated as “Fuego”.
Volunteer for a medical mission
It doesn’t have to take a disaster for you to still have an impact in Guatemala.
If you would like to volunteer or know of someone who would be interested in joining Partner for Surgery, please contact:
Ariel Marroquin, ACPC Director of Operations
Call: +1 (703) 893-4335
Are you a medical professional?
Spread the word
We are active in several social media websites and we need your help getting the word out. The more you like, comment and share our updates, the more people will learn about us, increasing our chances of finding donors and volunteers.
Partner for Surgery is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity and gifts to Partner for Surgery are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Our work is made possible by the generosity of our donors. Please consider donating through one of the following channels:
- Donate directly via PayPal.
- Help us achieve our goals on GlobalGiving.
- Use Amazon Smile for online shopping, which converts a % of your purchase into donations.
- Federal employees can contribute through the Combined Federal Campaign. Our CFC is 11624.
- Check with your company to see if it offers a matching gifts program. Our EIN is 54-2034427.
- Send a check to our PO box:
Partner for Surgery
PO Box 388, McLean
VA 22101, USA
This is what your gift to Partner for Surgery can do:
- $25 will provide one breast pump and nursing bottle to a new mother
- $35 will supply one month of life saving nutrition to a cleft infant
- $50 will provide 10 midwives with training on how to care for cleft infants
- $100 will screen 10 women for cervical cancer
- $200 will cover the cost of surgery to repair a cleft lip or palate
- $250 will cover the cost of surgery to repair a hernia
- $350 will supply all necessary nutrition to a cleft infant prior to surgery
- $750 will nourish a cleft infant for 10 months and cover the cost of 2 surgeries to repair defects
- $2,500 will provide logistic support for one rural medical mission
We are looking for volunteers with applicable management, fund raising and marketing skills to help Partner for Surgery transform more Guatemalan lives.
If you would like to volunteer or know of someone who would be interested in joining Partner for Surgery, please send an e-mail to email@example.com (Ariel Marroquin, Director of Operations) or call +1 (703) 893-4335.
Are you a medical professional?
You can volunteer to one of our medical missions.
We also accept non-medical volunteers to be part of our rural medical missions. These missions spend a week working in four different communities doing patient triage, visiting patients in their homes and enjoying local cultural activities. They provide a unique look into another culture and for many participants these missions are a major highlight of their travel experiences.
Host a dinner
Create your own fundraising event by hosting a dinner with your family and friends.
As the Host, you provide a space, a simple meal and invite 4 or more of your friends.
It is our job to inspire and educate your guests so they want to give. We will show a short video, make a presentation about our programs, follow up with Q & A and make “the Ask”. At each guest’s table setting there is a brochure and a remittance envelope. It will take 30 minutes, including Q & A. We can also help you develop the list of guests, and suggest what to say when you invite them. If you feel you need to call guests to remind them of the invitation, we can help with that too. We are also very good at washing dishes!
Your friends will need to be told ahead of time that they will be asked to give, but that there is “no minimum and no maximum gift” expected. As much as anything, we are asking them to learn about what we do.
It is ideal if a few of the people already know a little about Partner for Surgery, but not mandatory. Invite people who you think might be interested in learning more and supporting our mission. We can send a brochure and the most recent newsletter in advance, or they can visit our website or follow us on Facebook.